Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend on the Cape

Our first weekend on the Cape of the 'summer'!  It was foggy and the sun popped in and out, but it always seems like great weather there no matter what.  I read a great book!  The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.  Now I can't wait to get his newest book Do the Work.  B&N didn't have it in the store - total bummer - so I bought The War  of Art and I'm really glad I did.  It's a quick read and a total must for anyone that has ever experienced resistance to doing what they know they want to do, know they can do, but for some reason, just can't quite do it!  Check out the link to the B&N writeups on it here.  

So I got some Cape-y pix while I was down there - 

These are pink and white beach roses.  The flowers, and the hips that are on the plants for the rest of the summer, always catch my attention.  The flower petals are like crepe paper and the hips start out green and turn this great orange/red before they rot and go to seed.  



My sons and their friend ended up attracting a bit of attention on the beach when they started playing and singing some recent hits together.  They are really good!!  At one point a house full of Memorial Day party-ers out on their deck asked them to do a few songs for them across the inlet.  They got a great response and were floating the rest of the night.  It's the first time they've ever played/sang together, and the first time their friend has ever sung in front of anyone - I think they are hooked!!  


Just some cool shots - the wooden bridge over the inlet.


Funky seaweed!!!  It looks like a monster from the deep.


An old post in the sand next to the bridge.


And a tunnel where the inlet fills and drains - there's a marina on the other side of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment