Saturday, June 18, 2011

Buy a pair, give a pair - GIVING!!!!

I was turned on to TOMS shoes, a shoe company that gives a pair of shoes to those that don't have any for every pair you buy, earlier this year and loved the story and the concept.  I proceeded to purchase a pair for me, and a pair for my daughter.  They're awesome!!  I had just read The Go Giver (highly recommended!!) and the TOMS story exemplified the concepts in that great book, emphasizing giving as a core principle for any successful business, and life!

Today I just found another company doing the same thing but for eyeglasses!  Warby Parker will donate a pair of prescription glasses for every pair you buy.  They have a cool virtual try on application on their website -  you use a webcam picture of yourself to 'try on' different frames.  They also let you select 5 frames to try on at home - free shipping on everything.

In both cases, the prices are extremely reasonable.  Totally loving the expansion of giving as a core value in business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment