Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All the new leaf-s


I can't help but see parallels to my life's journey as I walk along the familiar but ever changing paths in the woods by my house.  Right now, it amazes me see all of the trees turning out new leaves.  Every year - a whole tree's worth  - a whole hundreds of acres of tree's worth - of 'new leaf-s'.  An individual and collective new start - same neighbors, for the most part - but all new.  The greens are overwhelmingly vibrating newness!!  Here are a few of the cool, new greens I've experienced recently.

  Baby sasafrass! I've never seen it before!! 

 A butterfly flapping on the water.
 One oak tree with 4 trunks sprouting something in the space between them.
Up close.
 A water droplet.
 Green +
 I've just noticed how some ferns grow in circles- how is it that you can live 45 years and still see new things EVERY day!  Amazing. 

A favorite beech tree that twists around itself - from the ground up.


No comments:

Post a Comment